Thursday, November 25, 2010

Oh to be thankful

I have so many things to be thankful for, but, lately, what I am most thankful for is just to be thankful. Having lived through so many phases of my life where I really have to work at being thankful, I am just blessed right now to feel thankfulness for almost everything I see. But, of course, I would like to make a Thanksgiving day list!
1. My friends. This is the third thanksgiving in a row I have spent with the families of my friends. First with Katie in Texas, then with Beth in Ashland, now with Kim in Jersey. Having my family so far away in CO, I am so grateful my friends let me join time with their families. And I am thankful to have gracious, supportive, hilarious, motivating friends.
2. La familia. I have the best familia in the world. A family who loves and cares for each other. And most importantly--a family who laughs together! I am so incredibly grateful for a devoted, faithful, and hardworking dad, a kind, lovable, food-making, determined, hilarious mother, a brother who always watched out for me and makes me crack up, and a great sister-in-law.
3. Mis abuelos. My grandparents are THE MOST generous people I know. THE MOST. I am so thankful for their role in my life and the way they love other people.
4. God's grace. What would life be if I had to spend my days trying to please God? And what is my life knowing God loves me without reserve? It would be endless striving and it is blessed freedom. So thankful God loves me.
5. The usual--health, a job, trees, sky, leaves, seasons, new people, old people, my bike, being able to be outside, books, running, people having fun, freedom, food, sleep, skype, the internet, going to CO for Christmas, my apartment, my roommate, where I live, opportunities, money in the bank.
6. But most of all, I am thankful God has blessed me to be thankful. It's a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment